DARDZ can be played with 2-8 players. You can play every man for himself, or in teams of 2.
HOW TO WIN
At the end of a round, the player with the highest score above 150 wins the game.
HOW TO SCORE POINTS
Only 1 person needs to keep score, preferably using the free DARDZ app. There are 5 ways to score points. The first 2 happen in the middle of a round, the last 3 happen at the end of a round.
1: Scoring points for the Jackpot, Boost ‘em, and Bunk ‘em action cards (+/- various).
2: Rolling 3-of-a-kind (+20).
3: Win a round by being the first to get 10 cards in your points pile – that includes number cards and action cards. (+10).
4: Add up the points in your points pile (+/- various).
5: Add points for the Lucky Loser roll (+ various).
HOW TO PLAY
Each round is a race to get 10 cards in your points pile (which you’ll keep right next to you). You add cards to your points pile by playing action cards and by rolling the BIG number on the cards in your hand. The small number at the bottom of each card is the point value of the card. When you add a card to your points pile, any other player who has that number also adds that card to their points pile (except on your Bonus Roll). If you have multiples of the same number, add them all at the same time. Draw a new card any time you add a card to your points pile (except on your Bonus Roll).
ORDER OF PLAY
1. It doesn’t matter who deals, but shuffle the deck and deal each player 3 cards face up. Place the remaining cards face down. To see who rolls first, each player rolls 2 dice and adds them together. The highest score goes first. If there’s a tie, have a Roll-Off where you each roll 1 die.
2. When it’s your turn, ALWAYS PLAY ACTION CARDS FIRST, even if you draw one in the middle of your turn (including during your Bonus Roll). If you have multiple action cards, choose which one to play first. If you don’t have any action cards, start your 3 rolls. (Rolls used for action cards don’t count as one of your 3 rolls.)
3. First roll: Roll 1 die. There’s no choice on the first roll. Any player who has that number adds it to their points pile.
4. Second roll: Roll 2 dice. Choose either single die or the sum of both dice. You can also pick nothing. On your 2nd and 3rd rolls, say out loud which number you choose.
5. Third roll: Roll 3 dice. Choose any single die or the sum of any 2 dice. You can also pick nothing, but you can’t add all 3 dice together. If you miss, your turn is over. Pass the dice to the player on your left. If you get something on your 3rd roll, you enter the Bonus Roll.
6. Start the Bonus Roll with 3 cards in your hand. Roll 2 dice. Choose either single die or the sum of both dice. If you miss, your turn is over. If you get something, add it to your points pile but don’t draw a new card, even if you played an action card. ONLY THE PLAYER THAT’S ON THE BONUS ROLL CAN ADD CARDS TO THEIR POINTS PILE! Keep rolling with 2 dice and try to clean ‘em up, which means adding all the cards in your hand to your points pile. If you clean ‘em up, your turn is over.
7. The first player to get 10 cards in their points pile wins the round and gets +10 points. Then, each player adds up the points on the cards in their points pile. Discard the cards left in your hand.
8. At the end of a round, any player with 3 or less cards in their points pile gets the Lucky Loser roll. Roll 2 dice and multiply them together. The Lucky Loser adds this number to their score.
9. At the end of a round, the player with the highest score above 150 wins the game. If nobody wins, shuffle the deck, deal the cards, and start the next round. The player who won the previous round rolls first in the next round.
If you’re playing with less people and the games are going quickly, try playing to 200 points. On the other hand, if they’re taking too long, play to 100 points. Hell, play to whatever you want!
DARDZ consists of 3 dice and 90 cards. There are 6 of each number 1-12, and 3 of all 6 action cards.