DARDZ can be played with 2-8 players. You can play every man for himself, or in teams of 2.
HOW TO WIN
At the end of a round, after all points have been added, (including points for a Lucky Loser roll) a player with 150 or more points wins the game. You can’t win in the middle of a round. If multilple players break 150, the player with the highest score wins the game.
Only 1 person needs to keep score, preferably using the free DARDZ app. There are 5 ways to score points.
1: Add or subtract points for the Jackpot, Boost ‘em, and Bunk ‘em action cards right when they’re played.
2: On your 3rd roll, if you roll 3-of-a-kind you instantly get +20 points.
3: Each round, the first player to get 10 cards in their points pile gets +10 points.
4: At the end of each round, add up the points on the cards in your points pile.
5: Any player ending a round with 3 or less cards in their points pile gets the Lucky Loser
HOW TO PLAY
Each round is a race to get 10 number or action cards in your points pile (which you’ll keep right next to you, face down). You add cards to your points pile by playing action cards and by rolling the dice.
When it’s your turn you get 3 rolls plus a possible Bonus Roll. The player rolling the dice gets to pick 1 number per roll. The goal is to roll the BIG number on the cards in your HAND so you you can add cards to your points pile.
Choose carefully which number you pick because when you add a card to your points pile, any other player who has that number also adds that card to their points pile (except on your Bonus Roll). If you have multiples of the same number, add them all to your points pile at the same time. Draw a new card any time you add a card to your points pile (except on your Bonus Roll).
ORDER OF PLAY
1. It doesn’t matter who deals, but shuffle the deck and deal each player 3 cards face up. Place the remaining cards face down. To see who rolls first, each player rolls 2 dice and adds them together. The highest score goes first. If there’s a tie, have a Roll-Off where you each roll 1 die.
2. When it’s your turn, ALWAYS PLAY ACTION CARDS FIRST, even if you draw one in the middle of your turn (including during your Bonus Roll). If you have multiple action cards, choose which one to play first. If you don’t have any action cards, start your 3 rolls. (Rolls used for action cards don’t count as one of your 3 rolls.)
3. First roll: Roll 1 die. There’s no choice on the first roll. Any player with that number adds it to their points pile.
4. Second roll: Roll 2 dice. Pick 1 die, the sum of both dice, or pick nothing. On your 2nd and 3rd rolls, say out loud what you pick. If you pick a number, any player with that number adds it to their points pile.
5. Third roll: Roll 3 dice. Pick 1 die, the sum of any 2 dice, or pick nothing. You can’t add all 3 dice together! If you roll 3-of-a-kind you get +20 points! If you don’t get anything your turn is over. Pass the dice to the player on your left. If you do get something, start your Bonus Roll.
6. ONLY THE PLAYER THAT’S ON THE BONUS ROLL CAN ADD CARDS TO THEIR POINTS PILE! Start the Bonus Roll with 3 cards in your HAND. Roll 2 dice. Pick 1 die, or the sum of both dice. If you don’t get anything your turn is over. If you do get something, add it to your points pile but don’t draw a new card, even if you played an action card. Keep rolling with 2 dice and try to clean ‘em up, which means adding all the cards in your HAND to your points pile. If you clean ‘em up your turn is over.
7. The first player to get 10 number or action cards in their points pile wins the round and gets +10 points. Then, each player adds up the point values on the cards in their points pile, not the cards left in your HAND. Add this number to your score.
8. At the end of a round, any player with 3 or less cards in their points pile gets the Lucky Loser roll. Roll 2 dice and multiply them together. The Lucky Loser adds this number to their score!
9. At the end of a round, after all the points are scored, a player with 150 or more points wins the game. If nobody wins, shuffle the deck, deal the cards, and start the next round. The player who won the previous round rolls first in the next round.
With 6-8 players you might only play to 100 if it’s taking too long. Hell, play to whatever you want!
DARDZ consists of 3 dice and 90 cards. There are 6 of each number 1-12, and 3 of all 6 action cards.