HOW TO PLAY
Welcome to DARDZ. Dice + Cards. You've just entered the fun zone where a bit of luck and a touch of strategy can go a long way. (2-8 players)
You win DARDZ by scoring 150 or more points, so the object of the game is to score points while not letting other players score points at the same time. There are 6 ways to score points. A full game consists of multiple rounds. Each round, players race to move 10 cards from their hand to their points pile. Each turn, players get 3 rolls and a possible Bonus Roll. You want to roll the BIG number on the cards in your hand so you can add them to your points pile.
DARDZ consists of 3 dice and 90 cards. There are 6 of each number 1-12, and 3 of all 6 action cards. Each card has a point value listed at the bottom the card. (See card layout images at the bottom.)
GAME SET UP
Shuffle ALL the cards and deal each player 3 cards, face up. Place the remaining cards face down to create the draw pile. Do this to start each round. Your points pile is kept right next to you, face down.
(See game set up image at the bottom.)
HOW TO PLAY
- To start the game, each player rolls 2 dice and adds them together; the player with the highest score rolls first. If there’s a tie, have a Roll-Off with 1 die.
1. You must play all your action cards right away, even if you draw one in the middle of your turn.
2. First roll, roll 1 die. There’s no choice on the first roll. Any player with this number in their hand adds it to their points pile and draws a new card. (If you have multiples of the same number in your hand, add them all to your points pile at the same time.)
3. Second roll, roll 2 dice. The player rolling chooses either single die, the sum of both dice, or picks nothing. If you pick a number, any player with this number adds it to their points pile and draws a new card.
4. Third roll, roll 3 dice. The player rolling chooses any single die, the sum of any two dice, or picks nothing. You can’t add all three dice together. If you roll 3-of-a-kind you instantly get +20 points! If you miss and don’t roll a number in hand, your turn is over. Pass the dice to the left. If you do roll a number in your hand, any player with this number adds it to their points pile and draws a new card; then start your Bonus Roll.
5. Bonus Roll, roll 2 dice. The player rolling chooses either single die or the sum of both dice. Only the player that’s on the Bonus Roll can add cards to their points pile! If you miss and don’t roll a number in your hand at any point during your Bonus Roll your turn is over. If you do roll a number in your hand, add it to your points pile but don’t draw a new card. Roll again with 2 dice and try to clean ‘em up, which means adding all 3 cards in your hand to your points pile. If you clean ‘em up you instantly get +5 points and your turn is over.
1. When any player gets 10 cards in their points pile the round is immediately over. That player has won the round and gets +10 points. (Announce when you get 10 cards.)
2. Each player adds up the point values on the cards in their points pile, not the cards left in their hand. Add this number to your score.
3. Any player ending a round with 3 or less cards in their points pile gets the Lucky Loser roll. Roll 2 dice and multiply them together. The Lucky Loser adds this number to their score!
4. After all the points have been added, a player with 150 or more points wins the game! If nobody wins the game, shuffle ALL the cards and deal the next round.
5. The player with the lowest score rolls first in the next round. If there’s a tie, have a Roll-Off with 1 die.
- Only 1 person needs to keep score using the free DARDZ app available on the App Store, or use paper.
6 WAYS TO SCORE POINTS:
1. Add/subtract points for the Jackpot, Boost ‘em, and Bunk ‘em action cards right when they’re played.
2. Add +20 points right when someone rolls 3-of-a-kind.
3. Add +5 points right when someone cleans ‘em up on their Bonus Roll.
4. Add +10 points to the player who wins each round by getting 10 cards in their points pile first.
5. Add/subtract the point values on the cards in your points pile at the end of each round.
6. Add points for the Lucky Loser roll for players ending a round with 3 or less cards in their points pile.
- Don’t let the player who’s winning add cards to their points pile, even if it means not choosing a card in your hand during your turn.
Any questions should be answered in the Questions & Rules section. Make sure and try Team DARDZ and Drinking DARDZ.
I really hope you enjoy playing DARDZ! I’d love to hear your feedback on the game. Send any questions or comments to PlayDARDZ@gmail.com.
Thanks for playing! Peace & Love